Old November 4th 19, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default GLIDING INTERNATIONAL -- RESEARCH

Dave Nadler wrote on 11/3/2019 12:17 PM:
On Sunday, November 3, 2019 at 2:26:11 PM UTC-5, Mike C wrote:
I thought that electric systems were very dependable.

Really? Have I got a deal for you!!

Do you think they are relatively dependable, compared to the gasoline powered
systems? I suspect they are at least equal, and believe they will be better
(maybe much better) than the gasoline users in the future; regardless, it's very
difficult to know the dependability of either type, as we have no statistics on
successful and failed starts. Personally, I've kept track, and it's over 170
inflight restart attempts during 25 years of owning my ASH26E, with one failure
(cause unknown).