Old March 24th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Maxwell

Default Aircraft as mobile homes

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 24, 11:45 am, "Maxwell" wrote:
Just like most things in the world it has been done. I remember seeing
one
of the old flying boats featured on a television program a few years ago.
It
was purchased by singer Jimmy Buffett, and converted to a island hopping
RV.
It think it was a PBY. Very cool project and beats the heck out of a
small
sailboat.

Is that the aircraft parked at Universal Studios in Florida?

I don't know, I haven't heard anything about it since. I just remember it
was a restored twin engine flying boat, that had been outfitted much like a
custom van of the last 60s and early 70s. In good weather it would make a
great island hopper. Just didn't seem very practical unless you had a LOT of
optional income, and a love of flying and the islands. Probably had a frozen
Margarita machine in there somewhere.

I did a quick search on Google and got tons of hits, but most just seemed to
be selling tee shirts, so I didn't spend much time on it. But I would like
to see it featured again. It was probably something I saw on Discovery
Wings.