Old February 20th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Starting a 135 op?

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:37:49 -0800 (PST), Dan wrote in
:

Currently, when thinking about what I'd like to do when I "retire" I
think I'd like to fly a lot. However, it is expensive so it would be
better to get paid to do it rather than spend big money on a hobby.

If your motivation is revenue generation, consider real estate
investment. If you start buying foreclosures, and put enough equity
in them so that the rental income makes the mortgage payment, you will
be able to leverage your equity investment's appreciation by something
like 80%. Think about it. In twenty years, you'll have more money
than you'll know what to do with, and owning some acreage with a
private airstrip, hangar, and an airplane will be affordable for you.
My 2¢