Old November 16th 03, 09:18 AM
Jeff

the funniest thing I have heard was when we were shooting approaches
into LAS (las vegas international), a tomahawk came in and started doing
approaches also, when the tower gave the tomahawk instructions, an
airliner called tower and said "tomahawk, chop chop"
then said, "what kind of ground speed are you showing on that tomahawk"
tower said 100 kts, the airliner goes, 100 kts over the ground! Oh
boyyyyyy..

It was funnier being there and listening to it then telling it later.
but the tomahawk left right after that.

wrote:

I'm working my way through my IFR training...
Today on the radio "79V switch to 134.0"

Where I dial in 134.0 on the toggle freq acknolege the request
switch to COM2 (Meant to hit toggle)
Annonced that I was checking in....
At which point ground control (from where I'd left 15 min ago)
tells me they don't know why I'm calling..... with laughter.

I realise that this in only slightly funny, but makes me wonder
what is the funnyist thing you have ever heard on the radio?

Paul