Old June 19th 07, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Armchair CD U.S. Sports Class Nats

On Jun 19, 10:37 am, "
wrote:
Having flown all six of the contest days here, I can personally assure
you that CD Andy McQuigg has done an outstanding job of calling tasks
that make the best use of the weather. The days have definitely not
been easy, with a number of pilots (including this one) having low
saves on final glides as the lift quit. The first three days we were
unable to start the launch before 1pm. If memory serves, three days
the task was changed in the air. It hasn't been easy. Day five and
six in particular really shook up the score sheet.

So rather than whining, why don't you go fly your glider... oh wait,
you don't even care about flying it... word is spreading about how
you make "use" of it - and I'm not the only one thats picked up.

2c

On Jun 16, 6:12 pm, Mitch wrote:

I'd love to do more glider flying, Tom, but this darn pesky "Defending
the country" thing just keeps getting in the way. 8 more years until
I'm retired and can join you merry chaps on a regular basis.

Maybe when the rules are written here in the states to make us
competitive again on the world scene where, incidentally there ARE
more landouts, the U.S. teams can at least move to the top half of the
score sheet? I know for a fact it is not our pilots skill levels.
They are right up there with the best Europe has to offer. I'm
attributing it to the fact that we make 3 hour tasks on a 7 hour
soaring day and assume that we "really" racing.

-EX

"Stir'rin the pot"- Hide quoted text -

guys guys guys...the problem isnt the tasks, or the CD, or the
weather. its the gliders and the pilots. they're just too damn good!!

-Tony (dreaming of 40:1+ and water ballast)