Old July 17th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mark Hansen

Default Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

On 07/17/09 09:36, BeechSundowner wrote:
On Jul 17, 10:25 am, Sam Spade wrote:

What makes me thing 91.185 would trump light signals? Answer:

1. A landing is the presumed conculsion of a successful instrument approach.

2. Clouds

Number 2 certainly won't apply. No visual on runway environment, no
landing.

Come on Allen. Are you saying that you cannot land if you don't have
the Control Tower in view?

Lets suffice it to say we will have to agree to disagree. I really
think the two clearances do not intertwine and if you land without a
clearance, that's a no no in spite of you getting a clearance for the
approach. 7600 is not a clearance for landing.

Otherwise, on an instrument approach, you wouldn't have to hear those
magic words clear to land. The lights only replace the aural part
"cleared to land". JMHO.

Like I said earlier, in the real world, I would land and deal with any
paper work later.

--
Mark Hansen, PP-ASEL, Instrument Airplane, USUA Ultralight Pilot
Cal Aggie Flying Farmers