Old May 22nd 13, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default LS 4 vs ASW 20

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:26:19 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Keith & GK I'm sorry you feel so bad about your MF trailers at the time they were built 70s and 80s the Cobra bad spar fitting that let the wing fall to the floor and we was 1/2 the price, and they didn't have RO RO at the time as well Tom Stowers

Well, Tom, I have one of your trailers, and I LOVE it. Holds my Zuni 2, one man rigger, wing wheel, tail dolly, tow bar, two wing stands, wash bucket, a couple of lawn chairs, and has room for more. No spare tire mount that can break and drop the tire on the glider. Wing dollies that won't tip over. Stable scissors jack to raise and lower for raising and lowering the gear. Jacks to support the back end, tilt tongue so you don't have to disconnect from the car to get the glider out.

All trailers have their development issues. I suspect a lot of "bad" that is being given to Minden Fab is due to fixtures made by others that worked OK but could have been much better. By the time they got to mine (late 81 or early 82), they had things very well sorted out. If, the buyer did what was right and bought all of the Minden Fab gear. Who now would consider buying a Cobra trailer with no fixtures inside? Oh, wait. I am dealing with one of those right now. Having to make everything myself, as it is a one off machine I am fitting into a Cobra I had to make longer.

For those who hate Minden Fab trailers, I will gladly accept yours as a donation. Drop them off any time.

Steve Leonard
Wichita, KS