Old May 23rd 13, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LS 4 vs ASW 20

Erik, has good points.. I owned an Asw20 with winglets for 12 years. Flew the Ls4 a few times. Honestly, the LS4 handles better and is more stable, however the Asw20 still is a great handling ship. The 20, is much more versatile, and has better performance. The best part about the 20 is its short landing performance and glide path control. I landed the 20 in some hideous fields that the LS4 Would have ended up in kit form. A wingleted 20 definitely handles better. LS4 is a great ship regardless.