Old October 8th 18, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default ADSB panel display

On 10/08/2018 12:26 PM, wrote:
My Trig22 now generates ADSB-out in my Experimental glider. I'd like to add a reasonable-cost adsb-in receiver and a bright panel-mounted traffic display (I can't see iphone or ipad screens here in the western sunlight). Any suggestions? I see the PingUSB adsb receiver ($200) and the AirAvionics ATD57 display ($575), but have been unable to find out if these systems will work together.

I believe the PingUSB and the follow-on Scout product are both rigged to
work only with ForeFlight. PingUSB does not receive weather (FIS-B), so
that would rule it out for me.

https://uavionix.com/products/pingusb/

I'd suggest a Stratux system, either build it or buy it assembled, works
with a wide range of electronic flight bags (EFB's). Stratus 3 is a
nice unit also, but on the pricey side.

-Dave