Old August 5th 03, 09:10 PM
gblack

George Black
ICQ#: 6963409
More ways to contact me: http://wwp.icq.com/6963409
Home page: http://www.koekejunction.hnpl.net/
"journeyman" wrote in message
u.com...
: On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 20:08:07 -0500, Big John
wrote:
: [reoredered to eliminate top posting]
: and how many pilots nowadays (apart from those trained back in the
: flapless days) would be happy slipping for the first time under
such
: conditions ???
:
: I for one.
:
: I even slipped jets if I was high/long with everything down (dirty)
: and idle power.
:
: Cool! but I'm sure it wasn't your first slip. :-)
:
: The original discussion was about someone slipping for the first
time
: into a forced off-field landing. Now, as pointed out, this
shouldn't
: be one's first slip. In fact, IMHO, one should practice them
regularly,
: with or without flaps extended. (g,d,rlh)
:
:
: Morris (owns 3 different "slips with flaps" tee shirt")