Old May 19th 20, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Reinholt

Default Battery Charger for PowerSonic SLA/AGM batteries

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 3:16:48 PM UTC-7, John Foster wrote:
I'm looking for a good charger for my PowerSonic AGM batteries. I have a car charger, but that seems to be malfunctioning, as it doesn't seem to want to charge car batteries or my glider batteries. Any recommendations on a good charger for these type of batteries?

I like the B6AC charger. There are many brands and variations. Most are available at a reasonable cost. They are compatible with almost all battery chemistries, fairly easy to use, and can do other functions such as discharge.. Stay with the passive cooling designs. Most importantly they are either AC DC or DC DC. I can charge my source batteries at home and then take them to the gliderport to charge the glider batteries on my ASH 31. I also have 2 battery tenders (for source battery charging), but find they don't give as thorough a charge as the B6AC charger.
Craig