Old September 9th 20, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default Refinishing ASW24

On Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 6:30:53 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 9:14:39 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Only used two boxes of band-aids on my fingers and drank two bottles of good Cuban rum.
So, can we assume that the R/B ratio of one bottle of rum to one box of Band-Aids can be used as a measure of performance? Try three bottles of rum and report back with the results. If you end up needing a tourniquet, please let us know.

Mark, the ratio is consistent with the measure of pain! I liken this ordeal to a couple of other projects that I have tackled in the past, I basically said to myself ,"What the hell did I do this for". The tourniquet suggestion is a great idea, not sure that it would stop the flow, but certainly would prolong the suffering.
On to the next step in this ordeal, will be building back up with filler and primer and on to the final coat or two or three of acrylic urethane then sanding down to 3000 grit and buffing, I might need more rum.

If a low number grit does not easily take off the hard finish use a finer grit until it cuts easily then move to a 80 or 65 grit. An electric grinder with adjustable speed is what I have used. In my opinion an orbital is not needed. Use no pressure on the sander let the paper cut.

http://www.craggyaero.com/ventus.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com