Old December 7th 04, 03:10 AM
Mike Rapoport

"C Kingsbury" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Newps" wrote in message

They did an article on this. No one has ever kept the plane they won
from AOPA. If I win any plane they gave away it would immediately go in
the hangar and up for sale.

All of which raises a damn good question about why they spend
$200,000/year
of OUR dues on this exercise. That's enough to put another lobbyist on
staff
to help hold the TSA at bay. If they have to do a big giveaway they ought
give away flight school scholarships to poor kids. I say take the money
and
every year pick 30 kids who show some promise and send them to
Embry-Riddle
for a month. Every one of them would be a great story on the local news,
that's a lot of good will you'd buy.

I think that all the stuff is donated by the vendors.

Mike
MU-2