Old July 26th 05, 08:25 AM
M B

It is wonderful to see top management getting a very
clear idea of the exact challenges we face in growing
this sport by actually doing it.

Beyond that, he seems to also be ENJOYING it. Dennis'
flights and efforts, and the amazing things done by
Garret Willat really broaden the appeal for soaring.
And both pilots do so while still being supportive
of the 'big sky' theory that all comers are welcome
and whether you are young or old, rich or poor, or
fly metal, fabric, or plastic: soaring is FUN.

It's nice to see good news! Yeah!

At 23:06 25 July 2005, wrote:

This says it all. While this thread threatened to degenerate
into
a diatribe against the high costs of soaring and a
paean to the 1-26
(worthy causes, both), the most significant thing to
me is that the
SSA's top full-time executive joined the ranks of cross-country
soaring
pilots.

I watched him do a great job helping to run the Standard
Class
Nationals in Hobbs last summer. And this latest achievement
provides
further hope that our SSA will have the enthusiastist's
inside
understanding to be able to meet our sport's needs
in the U.S.

Congratulations, Dennis!

Chip Bearden

Mark J. Boyd