Old March 10th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default FSDO enforcement- GPS before effective date - which date to put in Aircraft Log for Part 43?

And I just thought of one more thing.

What date and whose name is recorded in the maintenance log, if you just
put the future effective cycle chip in the glove box and some other member
plugs
it in when it is effective?

I programmed the cartridge days before effective. It seems the person who
plugs it in would record in the log, not the programming person. The
aircraft wasn't modified until it was plugged in. If I am required to
verify the installation by turning it on with the new card am I supposed to
take it back out and put the old one back in without logging the
programming?

I only care because the date is being written down in a maintenance log for
someone
else to be able to review. I don't know how to reconcile who really makes
the entry in accordance with the FAR 43.

Ron A.

"Ron A." wrote in message
Everyone seems to agree that that FAR 43 requires a maintenance log entry
when updating the database. And everyone agrees that it is silly.