Old March 14th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default FSDO enforcement- GPS before effective date - which date toput in Aircraft Log for Part 43?

On 03/14/06 10:07, Peter R. wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:

Didn't you have to notify ATC about the loss of functionality? Couldn't they
have assisted you with vectors until you got your back-up equipment set up?

Recall that the aviation priorities place "communicate" third in line. The
first two priorities were enough for me to correct the problem and I was
able to get back on course within a minute or so of the GPS outage.

Right. I wasn't criticizing ... sorry if I came across that way. I was only
thinking that getting vectors while working out the details might have
lessened any pucker factor that may have been involved.

Had my pants been further down around my ankles (had my charts been in the
back seat, for example), then yes, I would have requested a vector.

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA