Old May 20th 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Longworth[_1_]

Default current small aircraft market????

On May 19, 10:36 pm, Matt Whiting wrote:
I was flat out unable to find this coverage. If you find someone who
will write such a policy, please let me know. I didn't try Lloyds of
London, but I called AOPA and a also private insurance broker that
supposedly can deal with any company other than AVEMCO (which is who I
think AOPA uses) and both told me that $1MM smooth simply wasn't available.

Matt

Matt,
We have had $1M smooth with USAIG the last several years starting
when we both had less than 500hrs and without instrument ratings.
Last year, we checked around and found that AOPA agreed to offer $1M
smooth with AIG but with a somewhat higher premium than USAIG so we
stayed with USAIG. Previously, AOPA told us that they could not offer
$1M smooth, maybe the change had something to do with the fact that we
got over 500hrs and with instrument ratings. We stayed with USAIG
this year but switched agency since the previous one could not get us
additional insured with waiver of subrogation free of charge for Guy
Maher, a CFI specialized in Cardinal operation (whom we plan to take a
training course this summer). Through the new agency, I learned that
we could reduce our premium from $1545 to $1311 with $2500 deductible
for the hull coverage (insured at $60K). This is about the same as
what we got before with AIG for the $1M with $100K sublimit.

Hai Longworth