Old May 21st 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Whiting

Default current small aircraft market????

Dan Luke wrote:
"Matt Whiting" wrote:

I was flat out unable to find this coverage. If you find someone who will
write such a policy, please let me know. I didn't try Lloyds of London, but
I called AOPA and a also private insurance broker that supposedly can deal
with any company other than AVEMCO (which is who I think AOPA uses) and both
told me that $1MM smooth simply wasn't available.

I must be missing something here.

I just upgraded my coverage to $1M smooth through the AOPA agency with no
trouble. Cost me an extra $600/yr.

I couldn't get that initially. Yes, they told me after 50 hours they
would consider an upgrade. I'm assuming you've had your airplane for
more than 50 hours. :-)

Matt