Old September 12th 09, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_3_]

Default flying flea aerodynamics question

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:43:55 +0000, jan olieslagers
wrote:

Stealth Pilot schreef:

has anyone ever seen an aerodynamics report from the wind tunnel
testing. I am presuming that there would have been a formal report
written up and while the nasa web search engine gives us access to the
naca aerodynamics work, I've never encountered similar from the
british.

Searching the web I found the 1936 tests mentioned he
http://pou.guide.free.fr/construire/..._direction.htm
which also mentions one Frank Easton, apparently a US-an advocate of the
Mignet designs.
No mention of report or analysis, though.

I've had a look through that site.
what prompted this was a book published in england.

Arthur Ord-Hume has published a neat book reprinting the Flying Flea,
'how to build one' articles in practical mechanics and recounts the
english experience related to the flea.
he also has the articles on building the Luton Minor which was
published as a safer aircraft to build.

quite an interesting book to read and has just been published.
"The first Home-built aeroplanes" Arthur W.J.G. Ord-Hume.
Pounds Sterling 9.95
published by stenlake (www.stenlake.co.uk)
isbn 9781-84033-449-4
I got mine through a rellie who got it through amazon for me.

Stealth Pilot