Old September 15th 09, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_3_]

Default flying flea aerodynamics question

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:57:29 -0400, "Peter Dohm"
wrote:

The Vw is too heavy I think. Mignet and the french used the 17hp
Aubier et Dunne engine quite successfully. I havent found a weight for
the Aubier but the Scott Squirrel at 16hp weighed 85lb so I'm assuming
the Aubier would be similar. that puts the vw at about a third too
heavy and would lead to the insidious weight spiral.(heavier engine
needing a stronger structure, needing more power and bigger wing etc)

To the best of my recollection, the little litterature that I saw for a
single seat Flea described and showed a Harley-Davidson V-twin engine with a
belt reduction drive. I subsequently saw some passing mention of 2 seat
varients with fully enclosed cabins and up to 125 horsepower aircraft
engines.

Peter

see what I wrote for bob.
they are different models from the HM14.
(all chinese look the same too)

Stealth Pilot