Old August 1st 18, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
dmarin

Default SSA WEBINAR

Please register for SOARING WEATHER FORECASTING FOR DUMMIES, held on August 7th, 2018 5:00 pm PDT at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...331?source=SSA

This is the 4th webinar in a series that focuses on a myriad of soaring topics ranging from soaring safety, off-field landing techniques, soaring weather, badge flying, setting up your glide computer, flying cloud streets, and oh, so, so much more!

Each webinar in this series is presented by a different expert and takes place live every 1st Tuesday of the month at 7pm CENTRAL TIME. If you are unable to attend the live webinar, you can view it and all prior webinars at ssa.org, under the "Member Resources" tab "Webinars." No WINGS credit for recordings.

For our August webinar, we are thrilled to have Ramy Yanetz, one of the top cross-country pilots in the country (he REGULARLY logs 1,000 km+ flights and is constantly a top 5 finisher in the OLC), as our presenter. Ramy started flying hang gliders in Israel before moving to the U.S. in 1990. He transitioned to sailplanes 20 years ago and has accumulated close to 7,500 flying hours and nearly half a million km in cross-country flights! Ramy flies an ASG29 out of multiple places in California, Nevada, and Utah.

THIS AND ALL OF OUR WEBINARS ARE NOW ELIGIBLE FOR THE FAA WINGS PROGRAM! The FAA Pilot Proficiency Program, or WINGS program, is one of my favorite FAA sponsored activities. The FAA, along with the aviation industry, has realized recurrent training reduces the accident rate dramatically.

The WINGS program includes both learning activities and flight tasks to be accomplished for credit towards obtaining one of the levels in the WINGS program. After completing a level of the WINGS program, you may substitute this completion for your flight review.

It is easy to sign up for the program and is free. Go to www.faasafety.gov for more information. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE THE SAME EMAIL TO REGISTER FOR WINGS AS YOU DO TO REGISTER FOR OUR WEBINARS.

SOARING WEATHER FORCASTING FOR DUMMIES teaches real world techniques of how to use simple forecasting tools (mainly Dr Jack blipmaps and RASP as well as SkySight) to decide when and where to fly in order to maximize your flying results. This is NOT about understanding the intricacies of weather.

Seats are limited to 500 and fill up fast so REGISTER TODAY!

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

-David Lessnick