Old February 10th 04, 04:03 AM
Steve Tobey

At least one Naval Air Station that I know of had SB2Cs based there, NAS
Dallas, sometime during the 1947 to 1948 time frame. I'm not 100% sure but I
*think* their tail code was DA and I'm fairly certain these would be late
model SB2C-5s. I would think that there would be several other post war
facilities that the Beast operated out, NAS St. Louis comes to mind,
unfortunately I don't have any resources handy to verify this. Good luck
with your project!

Steve

"Pauli G" wrote in message
om...
Hello,
A while back I found a website listing the tail codes for the
1940s/50s airfields (ie. VA = Glendale, Willow Grove, etc), but now I
can't find that site anymore. Just wondering if someone has a
comprehensive listing like that of airfield tail codes. I believe
these might have been reserve squadrons. I'm building a model of the
SB2C Helldiver, and was wondering what some markings options were.
Also, if anyone has any info on what post-war airfields the Helldiver
was stationed at, I'd be appreciative.

Jay