Old July 6th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Marty Shapiro

Default Do you allow landings on short fields?

(John Clear) wrote in
:

In article ,
Marty Shapiro wrote:
The other club I checked only prohibits landings on dirt,
sod, or
gravel runways - or at any airport that is not listed in the AF/D
unless prior approval is given by the club manager or chief pilot.
They also prohibit touch & goes by primary students if the runway is
less than 4,000' and for anyone in a retract, high performance, or
turbocharged aircraft. A club mountain flying checkout is required for
operations at an airport higher than 2,000' MSL or over mountanous
terrain over 8'000' MSL.

If this is the club I'm thinking of, they're also know for having
rules for just about everything. They probably don't have a generic
runway requirement due to the fact that they are based out of
airports with ~2500ft runways.

John

Yep, that's the club. At least they have removed the 3,000'
restriction. One of the clubs quickly recovered when I asked where to
return the aircraft and said the restriction only applied to non-towered
fields. How or why the presence of a control tower should make a
difference, I don't know.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.