Old November 20th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default T-6 accident

Dudley Henriques wrote in news:a5WdnagX4-ZL89
:

With this information, I honestly believe this is what got him. The
asymmetrical cranks would buffet the ailerons in a full stick throw and
from the film, he had considerable aileron in play judging from the roll
rate I saw. If he got "unexpected" results from the lateral stick throw
and felt some aileron buffet he wasn't expecting, this combination could
have produced the exact result we saw on the film.

I can see one result that would come from the assymetric ailerons. the
right aileron would have been producing more drag than he was used to and
dragging his nose to the left (our perspective) which would have been
skewing him that way even as he was leaving inverted flight. It also would
have been pulling the nose down around the first 90 deg. It had to have
been confusing when the usual amount of rudder wasn't doing it for him. The
last bit looks to me as if there's an awful lot of skidding going on, but I
have to say, even looking at it over and over it all happens so quickly
it's really hard to see aht's going on.

It happens, and I've seen it happen to some of the finest pilots I've
ever known.
Sad fact of life in this venue unfortunately.

Yeah, I think I'll be loeaving low alt stuff out at this stage....

Bertie