Old March 9th 11, 05:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Frank Howard

Default Show us your Desktop !

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 16:05:58 GMT, "RiŠardo" wrote:

Thank you for that. I saw the TSR2 in flight back in the 60s. I was on an
army exercise on Salisbury Plain at the time, and there was a "chase" 'plane
close by which, I think, was a Harvard - although the memory does dim with
time!

I saw the TSR2 hidden at the back of a hanger at Cranfield in 1974/75.
The story was that the government had ordered the prototypes to be
scrapped, but it was flown to Cranfield (School of Aeronautics) and
had its wing main spar cut through before being secreted away.