Old April 2nd 04, 12:11 AM
Ed Rasimus

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 05:00:19 GMT, Otis Willie
wrote:

Friendly Fire Notebook

An effort has begun to collect and preserve the details of every
friendly fire incident that took or changed the lives of American
soldiers.

Since the Revolutionary War thousands upon thousands of military
personnel have been injured or killed due to mistaken or intentional,
American friendly fire.

All are invited to participate in this project. For more information
please access URL:

GMAFB! Do we have "friendly fire" incidents reported from the
Revolutionary War? Really?

"Thousands upon thousands...." Really? Do we have bit of hyperbole
here? Is the result of this "project" predetermined? How many
first-hand accounts do we expect to glean of blue-on-blue incidents
from the Revolution, War of 1812, Civil War, Spanish-American War,
World War I.....?

Is this rigorous study going to be subject to academic peer review?

Oh,.....never mind.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"