Old May 12th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
vincent norris

Default I can see it

"I always get a laugh out of those women's lower back tattoos having Han
(Chinese) characters. At least half of them would probably translate to
'Kung Pao Chicken With Singapore Rice Noodles' or similar."

How about "A cheap dish but very tasty." ?

Or, "If you are what you eat I'm cheap, fast, and easy!"

You young whippersnappers probably don't remember this, but in one issue
in 1946, Life Magazine, which then ran a "picture of the week,"
published a rear-view picture of a woman wearing a stunningly beautiful
robe, made of flaming red satin, with a huge dragon embroidered all
over the back. It went all the way up one side and across the shoulders
and down the other side. And of course there were a lot of Chinese
characters.

In 1946 there were U.S.Marines in China. The picture's caption said that
the woman's husband, a Marine captain, had sent it to her.

A week or two later, the "Letters to the Editor" column contained a
brief letter from a Professor of Chinese at some university. It said,
"You may be interested to know that the inscription on that robe says,
"I am Nanking's finest prostitute."

vince norris