Old July 25th 03, 03:15 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Andrew Sarangan wrote:
I do this regularly on dual cross country flights. GARtrip is a
shareware that allows you to calibrate a scanned image and overlay the
track data. The calibration is done by specifying the co-ordinates of
two fixed points on the image. It is quite easy and works beautifully.

Thanks, Andrew! This is looking like a "winner" and worth the
$30 registration fee, for the ease-of-use for a Garmin owner
and for the ability to overlay track on any .gif, .bmp, or .jpg
file and calibrate with trivial ease. Am using "chartchunks"
from Aeroplanner since we have a month subscription to try it out.

Recommend this program to any Garmin owner with a GPS/serial cable
or cable and USB converter.

Wish I'd asked this question years ago.

Cheers,
Sydney