Old August 19th 20, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default You can now try Ramy’s scary outlanding on Lake Tahoe golf course on Condor

John Cochrane wrote on 8/19/2020 6:49 AM:
Ramy:
A big thanks for posting the story, the trace, and the live view. You've really helped us all learn from this. From the animation it seems pretty clear your goose was cooked the minute you got through the 50 gap. Slowly losing at Sergio's, slowly losing at the hang glider ridge, there is nothing to do. Congratulations on breaking the accident chain. Making that landing took some great airmanship at the end of a long day.
John Cochrane BB

And I'm thinking the 40 degree landing flaps on the ASG29 were important, too.
They are a big reason I bought an ASW 20 in the 80's and an ASH26E in the 90s.