Old March 21st 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
[email protected][_1_]

Default Annual Off to a Good Start

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:03:46 -0500, "Jim Burns"
wrote:

One of my favorite "you won't believe what they found in my airplane"
stories is that of a guy who kept hearing a clunking noise inside the wing
of his 182 when he flew with less than 1/2 fuel. It turned out to be the
2x4 that the bladder installer left as evidence of just how "easy" they are
to button down.
Jim

Lot of Aztrucks flying around with a blind rivet in the center of the
groups of four rivets that secure the little brackets that the
bladder button clips into. Usually just on the ones that are farthest
from the access/close-out plate.

Have never drilled a "virgin" one myself, but allegedly have r&r'ed
some rivets that were already there.

The theory is to snake a piece of safety wire done through the skin,
through the bracket, through the loop in the button, back out the top
following the same route. Pull on the wire, the clip goes into the
bracket...

There are a couple on 182's that are a serious PITA.

TC