Old August 22nd 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Allen[_1_]

Default Twin tachs

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Yep. Got one of them also, but a previous owner wired it to the master
switch instead of the squat switch. Must have been used as a trainer or
rental at one point. That's little item has been on our "fix it" list
for
a long time. I just think it's kind of nice to be able to look at the
tachs
and see how many hours are on each engine.
Jim

If you find a dual recording tach it still will not tell you the hours on
"your" engines, you will still need to do the math. I would go with the less
mechanically complex tach and a Hobbs meter. Hobbs meters are cheap and you
could put in a "0" time one at the next engine overhaul so the times
matched.

Allen