Old May 5th 05, 05:17 PM
xyzzy

Matt Barrow wrote:

Their CEO was featured in the Wall Street Journal for being a pioneer
in increasing profitability by shafting cardholders.

Do you have a link or do you remember when that article ran?

No, it was several years ago -- back when the industry starting moving
more toward screw-you fee income because the market was first getting
saturated with no-annual-fee low-rate credit cards, and the
credit-card-only banks started their rise. I remember because it made me
think twice before signing up for the AOPA card but I was seduced by the
pretty airplane picture on the card Plus I always pay them off so I
figured the fees would never bother me, which is why every other bank
waives the late fees on the rare occasion that a payument gets there a
day late.