Old May 19th 09, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default Glider destroyed by lightning (part 2)

So Graeme,

Did you enjoy flying the glider?
Why don't you keep on going? Learn to fly, in other words?
As you may have noticed flying is an incredible, wonderful adventure
who's experience is definately enhanced by a pilot's certificate in
your wallet!
Gliders, powered airplanes, balloons, helicopters, flying is wonderful
and I encourage you to not let this be the only flying you have done
with the stick in your hands. Keep the lessons going, certificated
pilots are a rare breed, and a pilot who's done more takeoffs than
landings is even rarer!

I have not yet taken my 7 year old daughter flying but that day will
be one of the highlights of my flying "career" (I don't fly for a
living, yet, just enjoyment, hence the quotation marks). Alyssa, my
daughter, asks about it regularly but I'm not current at this time.
Can you imagine the thrill of taking your precious girls up for the
first time while daddy is the driver?!

Keep taking lessons, Graeme, you will not ever regret becoming a
certificated pilot! Take it from those of us here at RAP!

Ricky