Old August 16th 16, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default 400 miles

Thanks Steve. As far as I could tell, the day was a boring average Soaring day in the panhandle. So now I know what can be achieved on a normal day, I am even more excited to get a shot on a really good day!

6PK, not necessarily...my other Big Flights, all of which would qualify as Vulgar Downwind Dashes, were pretty constant and homogenous Soaring weather wise. Especially the big 525 miler, the conditions were strong with nice Cu and strong tailwinds the whole way. One of the 300 milers did have a shift from clouds to blue but without a major shift in thermal strength.