Old December 16th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
John Doe[_3_]

Default old days

"Don W" wrote in message
t...

boB wrote:
As I was flying along the nose of the aircraft

kind of jerked
a little bit left. The IP told me to be easier on the pedals. The
aircraft jerked again, the IP hit my leg with his hat and just as he was
yelling, the aircraft got strangely quiet.

I've never experienced a real power failure in a helicopter, but I've
heard that your first clue even before it gets quiet is you are suddenly
flying "sideways"....

Don W.

Well I thing that is a good record - once in 25 years The only real scare
I got was during a test flight... we were up somewhere around 7000 feet and
started entering the autorotation.. when the test pilot rolled the power
down to flight idle the engine out light and alarm went off.. for no reason
whatsoever..
I remember just staring at the N1 gauhe and thinking why isn't it it at 0%..
stupid of me I didn't even reach for the collective...