Old September 4th 04, 04:38 AM
ArtKramr

Subject: Litttle Friend takes Big Brother Home
From: (WaltBJ)
Date: 9/3/2004 8:09 PM Pacific Standard Time
Do you know the date, Art? Major Jim Howard won the CMH escorting a
crippled B17 in a P51 - single-handedly drove off I forgot how many
German fighters and got the 17 home. If any of you are not familiar
with that mission it's worth your while to look it up.
Walt BJ

Interesting. I'll look it up. But I saw no German fighters in the air at that
time. But I'll check Jim Howard and see what I can dig up..As I remember it we
were headed for a target on the Rhine that day. Maybe Cologne or Koblenz.
Sounds great.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at: