Old February 28th 04, 07:09 AM
Clay

Belzona 1111 (Super Metal)is the product I usually use.

wrote in message . ..
On 27 Feb 2004 12:40:23 -0800,
(Clay) wrote:

wrote in message . ..
Just curious if anyone has a decided preference for a specific type of
epoxy putty? and why?

J.B. Weld is getting to be the generic, but I am not so sure it will
work in the high fuel exposure area I was intending it for.

Anybody have any experience with something else that they likerd
better?

BELZONA is far superior to JB WELD or Devcon.
Only Belzona was used in the BDR (Battle Damage Repair) kits for the
US military during Desert Storm and many other engagements.
Belzona is specified by Caterpillar for engine repairs.
The Austrailian military uses Belzona to repair leaky aluminum fuel
tanks in their Leopard Main Battle Tanks.
Check out the article in Land Rover Monthly, May 2000.
I have used Belzona to repair several diesel fuel tanks, gasoline
tanks, oil pans, engine blocks, hydraulic tanks, and radiators with
complete sucess.
Belzona will not conduct electrical current, no solvents, does not
shrink, excellent heat resistance, will not rot, will not corrode, and
will not rust.

Their website is
www.belzona.com

Any specific recommendations? At their website they seen to have
about a dozen products.