Old April 2nd 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Flew my first SID

In a previous article, "Doug" said:
It all depends. If you don't take the SID, you usually get vectors.

Maybe it's where I fly, but I accept the SID and I get vectors anyway.
Actually, the airport I get SID most often is CYOW (Ottawa), and the
OTTAWA ONE (which seems to alternately get renamed OTTAWA SIX every time I
turn around) involves vectors to the line between ASHTN and REEDO - but
the SID also includes the altitude restrictions which is better than
having to copy them.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
You'll get access to my computer room right after you pry the Halon test