Old May 30th 09, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Charles Vincent

Default The Home-made Home-builders Engine

Veeduber wrote:
On May 29, 3:12 pm, Charles Vincent wrote:

They do have an OHV version I believe. At the RPM's these engines run
at i.e. direct drive prop, I am not sure the L head is that much of a
compromise.

All of the Pobjoy's were geared, OHV engines. They produced 80hp @
3300 rpm (prop speed of 1400rpm). Weight was 130 lbs.

-R.S.Hoover

I was referring to the HCI Radials which are ungeared. I have seen the
Pobjoy. I have collected everything I can get my hands on with regard
to small radial engines. I have even managed to find factory blueprints
for parts of the Kinner and a Leblonde. No prints sadly for the Pobjoy,
just some contemporaneous technical reviews that do have three views of
the engine. There was a Pobjoy on display in a museum outside San Jose,
but that is a trek from your 20.

Charles