Old February 21st 04, 12:16 AM
Robert Moore

(Robert M. Gary) wrote
noticed that the non-TSO'd electric AIs are almost $1000 less than the
TSO'd ones. I asked my mechanics and the FSDO and they said I could
probably get a 337 approved by the FSDO for a non-TSO'd unit as long
as it wasn't in the "T" area of the panel. One FSDO guy said I might
need to label it "VFR only" and I'd have to promise not to do 135.

As a sincere point of inquiry, would someone please point me to
the parts of the FAR that require an attitude gyro/indicator to
be TSO'ed. I thought that for part 91 ops, the only items that
required TSO compliance were the transponder and an IFR GPS.

Bob Moore