Old January 24th 15, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Default RADARSCOPE - IOS Android app for Hi Res Radar and Lightning Datain the cockpit - My Review

Using these apps with sufficient bandwidth to be practical in the air is problematical right now. However, it won't be too many more years before that bandwidth is easily available in flight. Even now... a highly motivated pilot/crew could find a way to get the bandwidth through airborne internet services.

Walt WX

On Friday, January 23, 2015 at 5:18:16 PM UTC-8, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 7:07:53 PM UTC-5, WaltWX wrote:

I understood that it was not possible to obtain sufficient internet bandwidth to run these apps on a cell phone while in the air in a glider. Have you overcome that obstacle?