Old January 23rd 04, 05:19 PM
Jim Carriere

"Mike Kanze" wrote in message
As to lack of smarts - it was eating another seagull that had been

smooshed
on the road earlier, it never entered its greedy little brain to wonder

how
that meal had gotten there.

Yeah... I'll have to take back my comment about buzzards being dumber than
seagulls, but after one almost hit my car this morning three seconds after
he took off (I was doing 25mph, he would have hit me, not I hit him). I
feel I must reconsider my ordering of the intellectual higherarchy of animal
kingdom avians... maybe seagulls are just responsive to airplane noise, but
otherwise dumb.