Old November 29th 03, 04:18 AM
BTIZ

as I understand it.. a CFI without an Instrument rating on his Commercial
certificate will not be able to teach cross country or at night.

Commercial privileges are limited to 50nm and day time only if you don't
have a IFR rating.

Your "basic" student working towards the private is a "paying passenger" in
a commercial operation.

BT
"Chris" wrote in message
To obtain a flight instuctor certificate is it mandtory you have a
commercial certificate with instument privlages even if you will only be a
CFI teaching VFR only? or does the FAA require it regardless the wording

in
part 61.183 was alittle unclear to me. Anyone who can clarify please do
thanks so much!

-Chris