Old October 13th 04, 04:23 PM
Steve R.

As a 22 year RC helicopter pilot, who can't do anything nearly as aggressive
as you see in the video :-o , I can tell you that Alan is one of the
better 3D pilots I've seen. A few other names to keep your eye out for (for
those on this forum that aren't into the RC side) are Curtis Youngblood,
Jason Kraus, Scott Grey, and I'm sure a few others that are not coming to
mind at the moment. These guys all do very aggressive 3D work and they do
it in a controlled manner.

A lot of pilots just do the ol "hold the sticks hard over and watch what
happens, then save it before it hits the ground" routine (sometimes!). I'm
impressed (to a degree) with these folks in that they can get reoriented to
the model and prevent the crash but the flight looks rough and jerky and
sometimes you're not exactly certain as to where it's going to wind up.
"Not" a good thing!

The guys mentioned above are pretty much professionals. I can't say for
certain with Alan and Scott but Curtis and Jason actually make their living
flying RC helicopters. They're that good!

Fly Safe,
Steve R.

"joe" wrote in message
Why do I get the feeling that this 15 yr old kid doesn't have to pay for
it
when he puts it in?

Joe
(BTW when I used to fly RC we called that out of control ;-) )