Old September 2nd 10, 01:01 AM
gpick gpick is offline
Junior Member

Don't get me wrong. I would love to have a job flying corporate or airlines, but is the current trend going to continue in few jobs for a lot of pilots?

I have also thought about a seperate career. However, as farfetched as it may sound, 30 years from now, there very well may be good business in space travel. I've always wanted to go through an aviation career towards that goal. Would a job in airlines or corporate help me with that goal just from flying hours? Or will it be completely unrelated?

I guess what I'm asking is, are there pilots working for people like Vigin Galactic that do not have a military background? Perhaps one in the civilian sector?

Last edited by gpick : September 2nd 10 at 01:04 AM.