Old September 6th 04, 08:04 PM
B2431

From: Righteous Nation
Date: 9/6/2004 10:57 AM Central Daylight Time

In article ,
"BigRedWingsFan" wrote:

"Transition Zone" wrote in message
om...
: Thumper wrote in message
. ..
: On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 00:31:33 GMT, "Herb Martin"
: wrote:
:
: Anytime you see the word "awol" in this context you KNOW
: you are being lied to -- it is technically IMPOSSIBLE to be
: awol from the Guard when not activated for Federal service.
:
: Where was Bush then?
:
: "has not been observed".

Is a far cry from AWOL. Too bad you never served or you would know that.

"has not been observed" (at an ordered posting) = AWOL...at best.
--

"Has not been observed" is the line used by his reporting official. All it
means is that Bush wasn't working for him.

When someone I was reporting on was TDY and I remained at home station I would
enter "not observed during this period" if I needed to account for the time.

You would know this if you had ever been in a supervisory or management
position and had to write performance reports.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired