Old February 17th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Whiting

Default Selling my airplane

Jay Honeck wrote:

But my point was that there are certainly other priorities besides the cost
of aviation. Having my three boys grow up in the same city as their extended
family tops my list.

That *was* a downside of moving to Iowa, as our extended family lived
in Wisconsin, a 5.5 hour drive. Fortunately, it's only a 90 minute
flight, so (back when our parents were alive) we visited often.

My point is that with a good internet connection, UPS, and an
airplane, it is now easily possible to live in areas with low crime
and a low cost of living, while still enjoying the benefits of big
cities.

Big cities have benefits? Really?? :-)

I've visited and driven through the midwest many times by car and by
motorcycle. It was fun visiting the Living History farm in Des Moine,
Pioneer Village, and such, but to actually live in the midwest would
bore me to tears. Flat as far as the eye can see. I need mountains to
feel at home and give some visual variety when I'm driving around.

When my wife and I rode our motorcycle across Kansas many years ago, I
literally started to fall asleep! I didn't think that was possible on a
motorcycle, but I started nodding off and we had to pull over.
Booorrriinnngggg.

Matt