Old January 24th 10, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dana M. Hague[_2_]

Default Garmin GPS Questions

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:58:38 -0800 (PST), "Ol Shy & Bashful"
wrote:

I left my older 12XL with new friends in Uganda and am looking for a
replacement. I've been looking at the 60csx but now that they have
been discontinued and at least 8 year old design, does anyone here
have recommendations for a replacement? I've also been looking at the
Colorado 400T as a possible...

I bought a 60CSx about a year ago, and really like it. I use it both
for flying (with a U.S. airport database converted by a program I
wrote and airspace from somebody else). I also use it in the car, and
in the woods... if it was only for flying I'd have chosen the 76CSx,
but I prefer the shape of the 60 when holding it in my hand in the
woods.

I hadn't heard that the 60 is discontinued.

There's also the 96, which is the aviation version of the 76.

I don't like touchscreens for trail use; my experience with industrial
touchscreens makes me distrust their durability.

-Dana
--
What does this red button do?