Old August 16th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Default Third class abroad

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Apparently, the FAA third is not valid abroad unless specifically allowed
by the coutry you're flying in.

Surprising. Any specifics? e.g., which country did not recognize the
FAA Class-III? in what circumstance? (I mean, flying a N- registered
aircraft or a locally registered aircraft)? who made the call (local
aviation authority official, or some busy body imposing made up rules
on the spot -- that I have seen happen a few times :-) was it a
class-III per se, or a Class-II or better that had expired into a
Class-III? (this one can cause confusion as well, even though it
is spelled out on the piece of paper proper); was it an unrestricted
Class-III, or does it bear some kind of restriction?

--Sylvain