Old March 21st 04, 08:51 PM
Alan Minyard

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:49:09 +0100, "ArVa" wrote:

"Alan Minyard" a écrit dans le message de
.. .
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:34:34 +0100, "Alex A"

wrote:

France betrayed all those that thought her a friend. WMDs may have
been an intelligence failure, but the Total/Elf deals were criminal
behavior. Your country is a shameless whore.

Al Minyard

What disturbs you so much? That the US were the only "major" country without
any contract (unlike Italy, Russia, the UK, China, the
Netherlands, ...) or that France was about to sign the biggest one?...

We were purchasing oil under the auspices of the UN "food for oil" plan,
not secretely undermining the plan with illegal and immoral deals.

You want to talk about moral? What about the fact that on the eve of last
year's war, the US were still the biggets purchaser of the Iraki oil?

See above

What
about Libya, where so many US businessmen gather nowadays, eager to exploit
the oil and gas reserves of this country that was once (not so long ago!) on
the "axis of evil" list? What about the dozens of US (and other countries)
citizens this regime has killed?...

That regime has allowed inspectors complete access to its nuclear program
and that program has been removed.

What about the business conducted in
several Central Asia countries, far from being democracies?

And France wants to sell AWACS tech to the Chinese?

You want another "oil scandal" involving Total ? Here's one : Total
exploits an oil field in Myanmar (Burma). We all know that this country's
regime is not a
model of democracy but I don't hear any American complaining about it.
Could it be because Total is associated 50/50 with a US company?...

Someone famous once said : "Let those who have never sinned throw the first
stones". I'm sorry but you don't qualify...

Arva

Well, since the disgusting, immoral, despicable government of france has chosen
to be the world's whore, I suppose that you would be an expert on sin.

Al Minyard